Finding a little extra time on your hands at this time of the year? Here are a few suggestions.
10. Say to the wife, “Anything I can help out with around here?” That should hold you until bedtime.
9. At 1 PM on Sunday, put on your Eagles shirt and hat. (Your Eagles helmet won’t work for this). Start reading your worn copy of “Football 28 hours a day” by Dick Vermiel. Try it again at 4 PM.
8. Drag out your cassette tape of “The Best of the Buddy Ryan Show.”
7. Calculate how many days until pitchers and catchers report.
6.Call your Dad and ask him to tell you the Sonny Jurgensen stories…again. Feigning interest will help him to segue into the “Concrete Charlie” stuff.
5. Drag out your entire lifetime fleet of Eagles memorabilia. After dusting and Lemon Pledging it, put everything into fresh zippered freezer bags. Mark the bags “Do not open until Super Bowl.” Be sure to date it.
4. Play a boardgame with your kids. Actually, just kidding. Spend a few hours trying to talk your kids into playing a game of Chutes and Ladders with you.
3. Make a list of things that you can say to drive your wife crazy. Include things like “Say honey, what are the dates for the flower show this year?
2. Call your buddies, suggesting you get together for a game of touch football. Their excuses should use up a major part of a weekend.
1. Work on your Merrill Reese impersonation. If you can’t get it, try imitating Joe Conklin imitating Merrill Reese.